Sunday, March 13, 2011

Exposition Park

(my favorite photo from the day)

Yesterday I went to Exposition Park in South Los Angeles. I wanted to get out and shoot some photos and decided to stop by the park. I used to go there often as a child with my parents and I still remember when the park was full of roses.
It's a whole different feeling when I drive myself, spend my own money, and carry my expensive equipment. Different from when I was 6 years old.


Anyway, I carried 3 lenses with me only; 50mm, 10-24mm, and 18-55mm. As soon as I arrived, I started taking photos and used equivalences. I shot with an open aperture and a fast shutter, vice versa. I spent about an hour in the park and took over 100 photos. I think I only chose 7. I didn't face any obstacles on this impromptu shoot. The park had great architecture to offer and I felt the shoot tested how well I can capture architecture; since I'm not known as an architecture photographer.

Overall, I felt relaxed and at home. I went by myself (which is a odd since I usually prefer to shoot with another photographer). I liked the feeling of being by myself and taking my time to walk around and photograph anything I found interesting. Afterwards, I bought myself an orange juice and attempted to edit photos at a nearby Starbucks. I left instead because there were no seats available. Thanks for reading.

See ya

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment