Monday, June 27, 2011

Graduating Seniors

Less than 2 weeks ago, the seniors I worked with for a school year graduated from Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy. Congrats kids!
The Principal asked me to take their senior portraits, true to it being the last week of school, it was crazy! I was told a day before that I would be taking their photographs and on the day of, the school held a dodgeball tournament so the seniors looked anything but ready to have their photo taken. Much less their SENIOR PORTRAITS!
Nonetheless, we made it happen. I set up one softbox strobe in the school auditorium and used the already provided curtains as a backdrop. I asked the students to look toward the softbox to get a pensive photo. I took two frames per student; one looking away, and a front facing portrait. It took me one and a half hours to photograph all the seniors and was tired at the end. It was also my last day of work and I'm glad I went out the way I came in, with a photoshoot!
Good luck and best wishes on your future endeavors graduates.

Mr. Coronel
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment